The mission of LEADERS is to assist and support people with developmental disabilities in realizing their personal goals. LEADERS fulfills its mission by providing training and opportunities leading to full participation in community life which may be achieved through:
- Involvement - participating in all aspects of community life.
- Choice - making personal decisions.
- Ability - making and achieving personal goals.
- Respect - developing self-esteem and regard for others.
- Relationships - building personal relationships, friendships, and a supportive social network.
LEADERS is a private, non-profit corporation which has served Lea County since 1970. LEADERS operates under the guidelines of the New Mexico Department of Health: Developmental Disabilities Supports Division.